Views: 45 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-11 Origin: Site
Shengyida is a professional aluminum die casting manufacturer with more than 10 years experience. Aluminum alloy is a material we often use for die casting, and many customers custom aluminum die casting parts. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of die-cast aluminum alloy? Shengyida will tell you.
Advantages of die-cast aluminum alloy
1. Good thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity, and cutting performance;
2. The line shrinkage is small, so it has good filling performance;
3. The density is small and the strength is high. The ratio of tensile strength to density is 9-15. It also maintains good mechanical properties when working at high or low temperatures;
4. It has good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance. Most aluminum alloys have good corrosion resistance in fresh water, sea water, concentrated nitric acid, nitric acid, gasoline and various organic substances.
Disadvantages of die-cast aluminum alloy
1. Low hardness and poor wear resistance;
2. During solidification, the volume will shrink, which is also more difficult to predict.
3. Expansion and contraction due to temperature change, high linear expansion coefficient is difficult to control.
4. Easy to stick mold, the content of iron in the alloy should be controlled within the range of 0.8%-0.9%;
5. When the melting point is low and the temperature is high, it is easy to melt, so when using it, you need to pay attention to the temperature of the environment.